TODAY, BONDS ARE TORN ASUNDER! AMEN’
WE CONTINUE TO LIFT MICHELE; ASHLEY; MARILYN; OTHERS! up before the LORD.
We have been praying for the Molette family this week, as Carole Mollette lost her father this week due to a heart attack, on his way, taking her mother for a Dr’s visit.
I now share this thought provoking word from Carole’s husband and President of Newburgh Seminary and College of the Bible, Dr. Glenn Mollette. “Thank you for your prayers.”
…New Exit Polls Reveal - 100% Death Rate…
Exit polls are conclusive. 100% of us will die. The way we die will vary somewhat, but die we will. Many people in the world will never vote, own a new house, drive a new car or eat in a nice restaurant. We all will experience death.
My father-in-law passed suddenly last week. On a routine Thursday morning he was taking my mother-in-law for a typical medical appointment and apparently had a heart attack while behind the wheel. He managed to pull off to the side of the road before he gasped and left the world with his wife in the passenger seat. The trauma of receiving a call from a stranger stating he was not responsive nor could a heart beat be found was very unexpected. He essentially did most of the same stuff we all did and we often estimated he had another twenty years. Again, it was proven there are never any guarantees when it comes to additional time on this planet.
I don't know how we totally prepare for death. Being at peace with God and man would be at the forefront. This is surely a day by day activity because we all have days where we certainly are not pleasing our creator 100%. We go through life fretting, miffed at people, thinking bad thoughts and sometimes even doing the wrong things. We fall out with people or people fall out with us and often these relationships only go further south and they are never repaired before death. As hard as it is to believe, nobody ever had a bad thing to say about my father-in-law. He never had anything bad to say about anybody. I asked one of the clerks at a small store in town if we could think of anything bad about him and we both agreed it would be impossible. I realize no one is perfect but it's nice when everyone speaks so highly of you. They didn't even do that about Jesus.
You also need to either pay for your funeral costs before you die, have insurance or have some cash set aside for your family. A moderate funeral including grave, marker, casket, etc could easily cost you $15,000. I said moderate. I suspect you could easily bump this up to $18,000 and of course you can always go higher or more extravagant. I am also including the cost of placing an obituary in our regional paper. Can you believe it cost our family over $600 for an obituary???!!! This was one newspaper! No, newspapers do not run obituaries for free! There are all kinds of little hidden expenses when it comes to funerals. Be forewarned my friend and be prepared. Last weekend, a young couple we know lost two parents due to a motorcycle crash. I can only imagine the costs. I must hasten to say that the same funeral home who took care of my father-in-law also had two children from a family lost in a fire in our county. We were told the funeral home was taking care of all the costs.
I realize there are lots of things to write about today. I could be writing about the big Republican debate and those candidates who are politically dying before our eyes. Most of them are trying to suck in a few more breathes of oxygen before they finally expire into political has-beens. However, after grieving with family and loved ones at the funeral home and graveside for the entire weekend I just couldn't really think of anything that seemed more important.
Please give some thought about being prepared for exiting this life.
"It is appointed unto man once to die," Hebrews 9:27
Jesus is the only way. I am the way, the truth and the life. John 14:6
If you are not saved turn from sin and open your life to Jesus. You don't have to beg him to save you. He will save you if you will sincerely call upon him.
"Romans 10:13 Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
BIND US TOGETHER
FILL IN THE BLANKS!
(Check answers below.) NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within two years.GIVE IT A TRY!
1. The __________ is the ______ of God and the final authority for faith and practice.
2. The Council of Trent (1545-1563) affirmed the apostate traditional Roman doctrines that justification is by faith plus works, the Seven __________ are channels of grace, the Lord’s _______ is a sacrifice, The Roman ________ is of equal authority with the Scriptures, and they proclaimed that the Apocryphal books were canonical.
3. The Counter-Reformation gave birth to an order of ________ called the Jesuits who were devoted to fighting Protestantism.
4. Jesuit missionaries spread ______________ doctrine to new lands.
5. The __________ was a published list of books that Catholics were forbidden to read. Included on that list was the ___________.
6. Many ______________ were controlled by the Roman Church.
7. The Spanish government led an expedition sponsored by the Roman Church on behalf of the Inquisition enforcing the laws of the church in both Spain and the ______________.
8. Multitudes of people were tortured, burned at the stake, killed, or forced to recant their protestant views for fear of death to themselves or their families by the ______ sponsored Inquisition.
9. During the St. Bartholomew’s Day Massacre of 1572 10,000 to 20,000 Protestants were _____________ for their faith.
10. Queen Mary Tudor of England, “_______ Mary”, executed _______ protestant pastors.
11. The ________ Armada set sail in 1588 to attempt to conquer England for Pope Sixtus V; they suffered an embarrassing defeat.
12. The _________ of the Spanish Armada aided Protestantism in ________ and the Netherlands.
13. In 1609 _________ was divided into two camps: Romanism and Protestantism.
14. The ___________ Year War was settled by the Peace of Westphalia in 1648.
15. Lutheranism and Calvinism became _____________ religions and systematic persecution of the Protestants ended. God had preserved Protestantism from destruction.
16. After external attacks of war ended ___________ attacks began.
17. Some of the Protestant churches resorted to the same _____ that the Roman Church had used.
18. The Anabaptist wanted __________ of Church and State and taught that no church should enforce their beliefs on others.
19. The Anabaptists also rejected the thought that the church on earth was the Kingdom promised of God in the Old Testament and believed in the ________ Theocratic Kingdom on earth with Jesus Christ as King sitting on David’s throne.
20. The _____________________ were severely persecuted for their beliefs.
21. A fanatical Anabaptist group arose in Munster, Germany introducing the apostate teaching that ____ were God’s Kingdom on ________- which is contrary to Scripture.
22. The __________ of the Munster Movement were dictatorial and controlling.
To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”,
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
Praise the Lord, He continues to build His Church
A VISIT TO THE ARIZONA TRAIL
OPEN RANGE ON THE TRAIL- RUNNUNG FROM MEXICO TO UTAH
The Bloomin’ Desert (ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL!)
What A View From the Trail!
Yellow & Purple Sage; Junipers, Mesquite, Cactus and wild flowers
2007 Buick Lucerne, a good family car- 104,000 miles $7,000.00
Call 520-723-2952 Ask for Pastor Bill or Kathy
These books are available at online through Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com, also check at your local book store.Click on book covers for more information.
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 953 on God Tube TV and 573 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,526. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.
Great News! Would you like your child or grandchild to receive an A+ Christian education, but feel you just can't afford it? Click here to learn more.
You say you don't have school aged children, but would like to help? You can, without costing you a cent. Click here, you may be an answer to someone’s prayer. http://www.acsto.org/
Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization
A Reminder!!! Come visit us and learn the truth!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a time of fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R! You’re Welcome!