Never Say Can't
This is worth a few minutes of your time. Click on the link below and be amazed!
I’ve Got a Mansion!
“The Young Brash Upstart”
FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within two years. GIVE IT A TRY!
“The Young Brash Upstart”
Isaiah 52:13 – 53:12 and Daniel 7:13-14
1. The Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will establish the _______ Theocratic Kingdom.
2. The prophets called the coming Redeemer the Anointed One in Psalm 2 and the _________ in Daniel. (Also read: Isaiah 9, Jeremiah 33, and Ezekiel 34)
3. The prophets declared that the coming Theocratic Kingdom would not be set up until Israel would repent and turn back to _______. (Read: Deuteronomy 30, Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 36, and Hosea 3)
4. God’s purpose for the Kingdom of Persia was the restoration and reestablishment of the _________ in their homeland.
5. In 334 B.C. the Persian Empire was invaded by the Greco-Macedonian army lead by Alexander the Great. By __________ the Persians were gone.
6. Alexander had almost supernatural stamina and when soldiers couldn’t keep up, he discharged them on the __________.
7. Many of the men _________ where they were discharged, married native women, and raised families.
8. This resulted in the spread of the _______________ language and culture.
9. In ___________ Alexander suddenly died and his empire experienced internal struggles.
10. _____________ gained control of Egypt and Palestine.
11. ____________ gained control of Syria, Babylonia, and Asia Minor.
12. Palestine was captured from Ptolemy by Seleucus in ____________.
13. The Greek general, Antiochus Epiphanies, imposed a common Greek culture and religion, stamping out all ___________ worship and sacrifices.
14. Antiochus desecrated the Holy of Holies by sacrificing a female ____ on the Altar of Burt Offering.
15. Antiochus ________________ any form of Sabbath observance.
16. Antiochus erected heathen altars and instituted the worship of ______ and other Greek deities.
17. Any Jew who was found with a copy of the ___________ was executed.
18. One party of the ______ who received their leadership from the _________ aristocrats accepted the policies of Antiochus enthusiastically. This party eventually became known as the _______________.
19. The Orthodox party of the Jews came under the leadership of a family of called the _______________. This party eventually became known as the _______________.
20. The Maccabees fought Antiochus and his forces and ___ religious freedom. Temple worship was fully restored in __________
21. God’s purpose for ________________ was to establish a common language to spread Gospel and the New Testament Scriptures.
22. In 63 B.C. Palestine came under _____________ rule.
23. Herod the Great was appointed as king of ______________ in 37 B.C.
24. God continually preserved a faithful ________________ of His people.
25. Despite his many frantic attempts to prevent the __________ from coming, Satan has failed.
26. God has provided a way for us to be given a full ________ and receive full rights of ____________ of Heaven.
To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”, click here to view God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
Praise the Lord, He continues to build His Church.
HAS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF “FRIEND” BEEN LOST ALONG WITH OUR LOVE FOR MODERN GADGETRY?
A few months ago a friend of mine told me he has well over 700 “friends” on his face book page, and his plans are to make personal contact with each one of them. His plan is to photograph each one over the next few years. He has named his project, “Friends I really know,” He wants to photograph each “friend” doing what they love—in their every-day activities. Through this project, he wants to rid himself of the impersonal, superficial nature of what is known as “friending.” A worth-while plan, I believe, if he can pull it off.
A project of this type reminds me very much of John 1:14, and the way Jesus personally reached out to mankind. He became our friend when “[He] became a man (ie; came to earth), and made his home among us”. Jesus lived among us –He looked into our eyes, healed people, ate meals with some, He fished with others, and even sailed with some, and He preached to many— all because He interacted with the people of the world. He came to earth so that we could get to know who He truly is as God, with a deep love as a fellow human and a friend. As we sit under His teaching, read His Word, as we learn who He is we get to truly know Him.
In John 15:15, Jesus told His disciples, “Now you are my friends”, and He proved it by confiding in them. He said, “I have told you everything the Father told me”. This level of sharing showed His care and it should create joy in our hearts. As we knew Him more, we, will also learn to love Him all the more.
The depth of Jesus’ friendship is also revealed by His sacrifice. Jesus said, in 15:13, “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends”, and then He allowed himself to be crucified for our sake.
The friendship Jesus offers us, is, a two way friendship, and not merely a “one-click” event— this friendship is an ongoing two way thing. (To Know Him, we must Make Him Known). He loves us deeply and has invited us into His inner circle, in order that we get to know Him— To know Him and remain in His love. Jesus wants us to know Him in a mighty way, a way that will encourage us to know and trust Him with our day to day struggles. This close connection of knowing Him can minister to our very souls when we feel disconnected from the people in our world. Get to Know Him; read your Bible- He wants to be your God, your Savior, and your Friend.
God to person at the portals of Heaven; “Why should I let you into My Heaven?” Person; “Because I know Jesus.” God, “Ok, If you know my Son, tell me all you know about Him.” Person, “ Oh, you got me there, but, let’s see, I know he’s in the Bible, I know he’s in the church, I know he turned water into wine, but that’s about all I know.” God, “SORRY! wrong answer.” Matt. 7:23. “DEPART FROM ME, I NEVER KNEW YOU...”
You can know the right answer! But if that question was asked of you today, WHAT WOULD YOUR ANSWER BE? It’s a serious question!!!
(Word Study) Question:
"What is apostasy and how can I recognize it?"
Answer: Apostasy, from the Greek word apostasia, means “a defiance of an established system or authority; a rebellion; an abandonment or breach of faith.”
In the first-century world, apostasy was a technical term for political revolt or defection. And just like in the first century, apostasy threatens the Body of Christ today.
These books are available at online through Barns and Noble, and Amazon.com, also check at your local book store.Click on book covers for more information.
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 812 on God Tube TV and 575 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,387. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.
A Reminder!!! Come visit us and learn the truth!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a time of fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R! You’re Welcome!