I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY!
AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH!
MATTHEW 24:37FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within two years. GIVE IT A TRY!
“As It Was in the Days of Noah”
Genesis 5:6-7 and 28-29; 6:9
1. We need to study the _____ in order to understand the present and the future.
2. Noah found ____________ in the eyes of the Lord.
3. In order for God to restore things the way they were meant to be it was necessary to get rid of man’s sin. The only adequate payment for the penalty of man’s sin is __________. Romans 6:23
4. It became Satan’s major theme to see that the ____________ would not have a ___________ person to descend through.
5. God intended the redeemer to come through the line of _____________.
6. Satan tried to ______________ the entire human race to cut off the line for the redeemer to descend through.
7. _________, a descendent of Seth, refused to give in to the apostate attitude of the people of his day.
8. Apostasy is the determined willful ___________ of God and His teachings.
9. In the days of Noah, the people willfully and deliberately chose to reject ___ and His teachings.
10. God determined to destroy everyone with the exception of Noah and his family in order to ___ the perversion of the ______ race and preserve the line of Seth for the Redeemer to descend through.
11. God __________________ Noah to build the ark.
12. God gave the others _____ years to repent; He does not desire that anyone should perish.
13. Noah preached repentance for ______ years, but not one person repented.
14. After the flood mankind was given a new __________________.
To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”, click here to view God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
The Lord continues to build His church.
A VISIT TO SAN MANUEL
It was a beautiful site to see the sun shinning on the mountain range behind the town.
With the cactus and palm trees and the chocolate colored mountains we felt embraced by Arizona.
Our adventure took us into the outback onto a dirt road crossing the San Pedro River and up towards Mammoth.
We came across some mighty nice looking cattle ranches on our trip and with the mixture of the cattle, the sage, and saguaro cactus there was no doubt that we are in the south west.
The road seemed to go on for miles and the scenery was breath taking.
FALSE GODS/TRUE BLESSING
Today, the stuff of everyday life has turned our hearts away from God. Beware of false gods; money, success, school, careers, romantic relationships, children, and more.
Tim Keller, in his book, Counterfeit Gods, defines gods this way: “Anything more important to you than God, anything that absorbs your heart and imagination more than God, anything you seek to give you what only God can give.”
The Old Testament, in the book of 1 Samuel we find the Israelites falling away from walking with God, as they fell for false gods (7:1-3). It was after being defeated in many battles by the dreaded Philistines and subsequently enduring deadly divine punishment, all due to disobedience, the people felt distant from the true God (4:1-2, 6:19) . It was now that they cried out, “Who is able to stand in the presence of the Lord, this holy God?” (v.20). Much the way we think and sometimes behave when we’re feeling weak or insecure” (and like so many in our country), “the people turned to false gods to try to fill the spiritual hole in their heart”.
In our day, it’s material things, achievements, or sex, drugs, and yes, even allowing our brains to shift into neutral to make us feel better. But nothing will satisfy our deep desire and need for God. So, we continue down the path of hopelessness. Samuel the prophet made it clear that the Israelites had been looking for hope and meaning in all the wrong places. He said to the people, “If you are really serious about wanting to return to the Lord, get rid of your foreign gods . . . . Determine to obey only the Lord” (7:3). Good advice for anyone, for any time in history.
Fortunately, the Israelites did get rid of their false gods (v.4). The end result? Out of their obedience flowed blessing—the Israelites were able to defeat the Philistines in battle (v.10).
God does not change, He is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever. What are the false gods in your life? Turn them over to the True God as you seek Him and Him alone. Romans 10:13, “…Call upon the Name of the Lord and be saved.”
A Reminder!!!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a time of fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R!
A THOUGHT TO CONSIDER!
"The proper place for a ship to be is in the water, but if the water gets into the ship, the ship will sink. The proper place for the church is in the world, but if the 'world' gets into the church, the church will go down in disgrace."
Come visit us and learn the truth!
Our new books are now on book store shelves as well as being available online through Amazon.comClick here for Christians Helping Christians. Click here for Christians Helping Christians.
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 798 on God Tube TV and 546 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,344. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.
Continue to pray for us as we seek to serve the Lord here in Arizona.
It would be encouraging to us if you would let us know that you received our newsletter. We welcome your comments.