“CALL 911: A Murder Has Been Committed”
FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within two years. GIVE IT A TRY!
1. Satan’s purpose is to make himself the ruler of the _______ by lies, cheating, death, and destruction.
2. God’s purpose is to demonstrate His _______ for us, His righteousness, His sovereignty, and His _________.
3. God will never compromise His _________, or our good.
4. In order to restore this present earth God must abolish __________.
5. In order to have a new spiritual birth you must be _______ again through Jesus Christ.
6. Satan will be dethroned completely and __________ will take His rightful place as governor and king.
7. This will take place after the Great ______________.
8. Satan was in the _________ when God revealed His plan. Genesis 3:15
9. Satan’s goal was to prevent the _______, Jesus, from coming into the world.
10. Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Able. Able was godly and Cain was ______.
11. Satan’s major theme was to get rid of Able because he thought that the ____________ was either Able or would come through the line of Able.
12. __________ already was controlled by an angry, rebellious attitude.
13. Satan was involved in the __________ of Able.
14. The first murder in history was caused by ______ and committed because of Satan’s goal to prevent the Redeemer from coming.
15. Seth means _______________. Genesis 4:5
16. Read the _____ scriptures of Genesis 5; Genesis 10:1-32; and Luke 3:23-38
17. God plainly intended the Redeemer to come through the line of ________.
18. Satan’s new tactics were to ________ the human race to cut off the line for the Redeemer.
19. The human race did become perverted and the whole _______ was filled with violence and corruption. Genesis 6:5, 11, and 15
20. God was grieved and announced his plan to _______ everyone on the face of the earth with the exception of Noah and his family.To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”, click here to view God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
Getting to know the ones we’ll spend eternity with.
This is well worth your reading. Click on link below.
HAVE YOU FELT LIKE GIVING UP LATELY? DON’T!
Nearly a century ago, Christians were concerned about the “Social Gospel”. Instead of being a lighthouse for lost souls, the Church during those years, became more like a soup kitchen.
Now, in the first part of the 21st Century, Christians need to become aware of, and concerned about the “Culture Gospel”. Instead of being an oasis for the spiritually desperate, the Church in America is becoming a play house of cultural relevancy.
Traditional forms of worship are disappearing as if they were dinosaurs. An atmosphere of reverence is all but extinct. An expectation that people attend church services dressed respectfully for the occasion, is frowned upon by many Churches as archaic and old fashioned – as if there is something wrong with being old fashioned.
Popular wisdom prescribes observing the cultural elements of people’s daily experience, transcribing them into a liturgical format, and presenting a Christian message in a vernacular setting. The more diverse the demographics of the community, the more diverse “worship” becomes. Something must be included, it is said, to appeal to every segment of society. Baby Boomers, Generation X, Singles, ethnics, and an infinite list of other special interest groups become targets with new innovations. The activities of “worship” are fabricated with great sensitivity to all the people who may enter the refurbished halls of the Church, designed to never offend.
I get letters at times, from ministers expressing their concerns for parishioners who are on the verge of giving up. “Good honest Christians are so overwhelmed by quilt and condemnation that it causes despair. When they can’t live up to their own expectations, when they fall back into sin, they decide to give up…”
A growing number of Christians are at the breaking point. Few Christians would even dare entertain thoughts of quitting on their love for Jesus, but in despair they consider giving up on themselves.
Some ministers today continually preach only a positive message. To hear them tell it, every Christian is receiving miracles, everybody is getting instant answers to prayer, everybody is feeling good, living well, and the whole world is bright and rosy. That kind of preaching is loved because most people desire all those good and healthy things from God. But that’s not the way things really are for a great number of very honest, sincere Christians. They need to hear the whole truth.
No wonder so many people give up in defeat. They can’t live up to the image, created by religion, of a carefree, rich, successful, always positive-thinking Christian. Because their world is not at all that ideal; they live with heartbreaks, hour-by-hour crises, and family problems, all the while, loving the Lord, trusting Him as their Lord and Savior, they become confused.
The Apostle Paul talked about trouble “…trouble which came to us… we were pressed out of [burdened beyond] measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life (2 Corinthians 1:8).
We need to understand that positive thinking won’t make these problems go away nor “confessing” that these problems don’t really exist doesn’t change a thing. So, What is the cure?
There is a very simple answer; Keeping our focus on Jesus Christ; the Church has forgotten to “keep the main thing the main thing”. The Church that used to be focused on God and Jesus Christ is now, in far too many cases focused on itself, and the world around it. When you belong to the Sovereign Lord, the One who rules the galaxies and cares about our daily bread, depression and sadness cannot ultimately win! The Brightness of the Son of God’s power and love in your life is more powerful than the fog in your valley, no matter how dense and stubborn that fog may seem to be. Psalm 84:11 promises that “the Lord God is a sun and a shield…no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”
And in the Word of God, you have five hope-filled words straight from the Father’s heart to yours. They’re in Psalm 112:4, “Even in darkness light dawns.” Okay, let’s get the context of that promise for every foggy day” Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man.” Don’t let the darkness in the world change the kind of person you are in Christ. Your mission is to keep on being gracious, keep on being upright, and keep on being compassionate. Don’t let the light inside go out. Psalm 112 goes on to say “Good will come to him…surely he will never be shaken…he will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord…in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.” He will look on the sadness, the depression, and say, “This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.”
We must always remember and never forget that; “the proper place for a ship to be is in the water, but if the water gets into the ship, the ship will sink. The proper place for the church is in the world, but if the ‘world’ gets into the church, the church will go down in disgrace.”
· God loves you. He is a loving Father wanting only to lift us out of our weakness.
· It is our faith that pleases Him most. KEEP THE FAITH! He wants us to trust Him.
A Reminder!!!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a time of fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R!
A THOUGHT TO CONSIDER!
"The proper place for a ship to be is in the water, but if the water gets into the ship, the ship will sink. The proper place for the church is in the world, but if the 'world' gets into the church, the church will go down in disgrace."
Come visit us and learn the truth!
Our new books are now on book store shelves as well as being available online through Amazon.comClick here for Christians Helping Christians. Click here for Christians Helping Christians.
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 791 on God Tube TV and 541 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,332. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.
Continue to pray for us as we seek to serve the Lord here in Arizona.
It would be encouraging to us if you would let us know that you received our newsletter. We welcome your comments.