Amazing Grace How Sweet the Sound!
Between 400-600 A.D. The Roman Church Becomes Paganized
FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within two years. GIVE IT A TRY!
The Roman Church Becomes Paganized
1Timothy 2:5 and Hebrews 4:16
1. There is only one mediator between God and __________ and that is our Lord Jesus Christ! (1 Tim 2:5)
2. In 380 A.D. ______ became the___ religion allowed within the borders of the Roman Empire.
3. The _________ temples were ________ down by the Roman government.
4. The _________ people were not Christians, but they began to _______ Christian churches because that was the only place they could safely worship in Rome.
5. Pagans were used to worshiping images and statues of their ______ gods, they worshipped their priests, and had blood sacrifices. The Christian church had _________ of these.
6. The pagans began _________ their practices on the ______________ church.
7. Instead of statues of their many gods and national heroes they put statues of the apostles in the Christian churches, they elevated _______ to Queen of Heaven in place of their goddess, Bible teaching pastors became ________, and communion was changed to a sacrifice.
8. The Roman church asserted ultimate ______________ over the people.
9. The Roman church forbade the laity to read the _________. They opposed the translation of the _______ into the languages of the people.
10. Origen’s Allegorical Method of interpretation _________ the people and helped them reject the truth of the 1000 year __________ Kingdom.
11. _________ of Hippo (354-430 A.D.) was a very influential _______ in the church and his writings encouraged the church to reject the coming of the 1000 year Kingdom.
12. In his book, The City of God, Augustine taught that the promised Kingdom is ____ present on earth and that the organized church ___________ that kingdom.
13. The Roman church conceives of itself as the ____________ Church, being the _________ of God on earth.
14. The church of the middle ages ____________ from what ___________ had intended it to be.
15. Under apostate conditions the _________ Church instigated military _______ and inquisitions against other professing Christians, Jews, Muslims and anyone who __________ with them.
16. The Church did retain some elements of Divine _______ such as the Deity of Christ and copies of the ____________________.
17. Mohammed founded the Islamic religion in 610 A.D. and by the time of his death in 632 A.D. all of _______________ had been converted to _____________________.
To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”,
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
Praise the Lord, He continues to build His Church.
THE COOLIDGE STORM OF August 8, 2015
Coming from Valley Farms, we stopped and watched this powerful storm pass through. Packing up to 80 mph winds, and a deluge of rain. It moved from South-west to North-east.
Lasting about and hour, doing some serious damage to some houses in the North section of Coolidge. After about an hour, the Sun came out- leaving sparkling clean air. Praise the Lord for His Wonders.…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
2007 Buick Lucerne, a good family car- 104,000 miles $7,000.00
Call 520-723-2952 Ask for Pastor Bill or Kathy
These books are available at online through Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com, also check at your local book store.Click on book covers for more information.
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 1044 on God Tube TV and 488 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,532. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.
Great News! Would you like your child or grandchild to receive an A+ Christian education, but feel you just can't afford it? Click here to learn more.
You say you don't have school aged children, but would like to help? You can, without costing you a cent. Click here, you may be an answer to someone’s prayer. http://www.acsto.org/
Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization
A Reminder!!! Come visit us and learn the truth!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a time of fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R! You’re Welcome!