Now, Is the Time to Worship
“He Must Be Lifted Up”FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within 2 years. GIVE IT A TRY!
The Gospel of John: Part 8
1. ______ was so angry when he came down from Mt. Sinai and saw that the Israelites had made a golden calf that he had them grind it down, made it into a powder, put into a liquid and made all of them drink it . Many ______ that day.
2. God instructed Moses to put a brass _______ on a pole. The Israelites were to _______ at the serpent on the pole.
3. The serpent on a pole is the symbol that medical doctors use __________. It is called a caduceus.
4. The serpent on the pole represented the ______ of the people.
5. When the Israelites looked at the brass serpent and recognized sin for what it is, they were reminded of their ____________ condition. As they confessed their sins they were allowed to __________.
6. There are two things we need to note here: that we must be born again, and that the Son of Man must be _________ up. These two actions are directly ______________.
7. For our ____________ it takes _________ the death of Christ and the resurrection of Christ.
8. God does not save by __________. He saves by _______. (Eph. 2:8-9)
9. Jesus died for each one of us personally and we must each believe this _____________________ and personally.
10. When Jesus came into the world the first time, He didn’t come as a _________.
11. Jesus came the _________ time as our Savior, but He’s coming back the _____________ time as the Judge.
12. Whoever does not believe in Jesus is _____________ condemned.
13. You don’t have to do anything to be ___________. The Bible lets us know that without the Lord Jesus, you are condemned _________________.
14. Jesus did not come to condemn, or to judge the world, but to ____ the world. In _______ there is no condemnation.
15. Those who are not in Christ are already condemned. They are ___________ and headed for hell.
16. Mankind is already on death row, but the Good News is there is a _______________ that is being offered.
17. The Gospel is an offer of salvation to those who are ___________________ lost and on death row with no hope.
18. Whoever habitually practices doing what is wrong hates the __________ and hates the _______________.To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”, click here to view God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
We are pleased to announce that Pastor Bill having been recognized for his many years of service to church and community; was presented, on July 18, 2014, the Honorary Doctorate of Divinity Degree from the Independent Baptist College of America.
CREATION! YES OR YES?
READ THE STORY AND BE AMAZED!
VANILLA ICE CREAM DEFIES EVOLUTION .........
Nearly everyone has enjoyed a yummy bowl of vanilla ice cream. It is a wonderfully delicious desert. However, vanilla ice cream wouldn't even exist if evolution were true.
Let's start out with a little history.
Until more recent times, Mexico was the only producer of vanilla. In the 1520s, a man by the name of Hernán Cortés traveled down to Mexico and loved vanilla. So, he brought some back with him to Europe. For the next 300 years, the Europeans tried but were never able to produce vanilla.
See, vanilla grows up a tree as a vine. Eventually the vine produces an orchid. In order to make the vanilla bean, the orchid must be pollinated. The problem is, it only blooms one morning peryear for pollination. If it isn't pollinated within 12 hours, it withers. To make things more difficult, a hood like membrane covers the part of the vanilla orchid which produces pollen. This makes the production of the vanilla bean very difficult.
In 1836, Charles François Antoine Morren traveled down to Mexico to figure out why they weren't able to produce vanilla beans in Europe. As Morren was studying the vanilla orchids, his attention was drawn to a little bee (the Mexican Melipona Bee). This bee landed on the orchid, lifted up the little hood like membrane, collected pollen, and then flew off to the next flower. This bee was pollinating the orchids. After some time, the orchid produced a vanilla bean.
To this day, the Mexican Melipona Bee is the only insect that knows how to pollinate the vanilla orchid. This simple fact puts evolution
in an extremely difficult position. Without the Mexican Melipona Bee, we simply would not have vanilla today. The bee and the vanilla vine had to be made at the exact same time. Not to mention, this bee had to be given specific information about how to pollinate the vanilla orchid. Again, no other insect knows how to do this. This bee had to be made, designed, and purposefully created to pollinate the vanilla orchid, and thus, produce vanilla.
So much of our world points to the Creator. As silly as it sounds, even vanilla ice cream proclaims the glory of God. So, the next time you sit down to enjoy a full bowl of vanilla ice cream, remember that you are enjoying a tasty treat which is only possible through the power of God!
…The Ministry Trip Continues…
…We head West on US 2, heading across Minnesota, the weather continues to be wet and dreary, as we …
… come into the town of Grand Rapids, MN… and see “Dorothy and her Wizard of Oz friends” looking back at us from a giant street poster… Very Impressive.
Crossing over the Red River into North Dakota… we continue on US 2, and on into…
the town of Devils Lake… It’s wet, we’re tired, and, the time is right for supper. A nice warm meal hits the spot, and is very satisfying.
… driving on in to Minot, we stop at a Super 8 for the night.
Next morning, continuing into the West, we cross over the “Mighty Missouri” River, and into Mercer County… heading straight into Mandan and Sakakawea country…
… and now, we make a short side trip up to beautiful Hazen Bay.
12 more miles to our next retreat, HAZEN, N.D.… and, Praise the Lord, the weather is starting to clear a bit, as we drive by….
… Harmony Lake on our way (sorry, no fishing today, with one exception… … being (“fishers of men”).
HAZEN… we drive by our old church building, sadly, sitting empty and beginning to look run down… a small tear of sadness wells up in my heart.
We drive on over to the Cornerstone Church, and say “HI” to our friends, Pastor John Whitaker and his wife Lavern…
…Sunday morning; we are greeted by many friends as we re-new our friendships with many… … Pastor John is getting his worship team tuned up.
We were Blessed by the message (regarding church, and community) and keeping the pulpit pure; by Dr. Murl Gwynn, from Cobbtown, GA
Pastor Murl-Pastor John-Pastor Bill Lavern- Kathy Pastor Bill- Pastor John
What a time of renewal and true fellowship- Kathy and I are truly blessed by knowing people like you all, keep on keeping on for Jesus.
Pastor John enjoying the fellowship--Lavern and Pastor John set a great table.
We Thank you Lord for our Blessings A fisher man’s delight YUM!
Our friends Donna and Steve
Pastor Murel is heading back toward home today, to GA. Pastor John sees him off with a prayer—NOTE! The next time you see a big Harley on the road, keep in mind, the person in the driver’s seat just may be a Pastor, be respectful
Early Monday morning, we are refreshed, and must be on our way. We say goodbye (for now), to our good friends…
…and head on down the open highway… Crossing now, back into our own time zone.
We pass by beautiful ranches…but after 2 hours on the road…
… it is time to stop for breakfast… Note! The service bar has a great likeness to Lewis & Clark’s flat bottom boat.
What a vast, lush, green beautiful place is this land called North Dakota (in the Springtime). We see herds and herds of cattle enjoying the tender spring grass.. as on we go, to our next …
Destination…Colorful Colorado… NEXT WEEK! we push even farther into the West to …Colorado….
A Reminder!!!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a food fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R!!
A QUESTION THAT DEMANDS AN ANSWER!
“Can you be a follower of Jesus, and NOT follow Jesus? AND, If you’re NOT a follower of Christ, are you a Christian?
Come visit us and learn the truth!Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 622 on God Tube TV and 470 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,092. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.Continue to pray for us as we seek to serve the Lord here in Arizona.
It would be encouraging to us if you would let us know that you received our newsletter. We welcome your comments.