INDEPENDENCE DAY 2014
Coolidge Fireworks in Kenilworth Park 7/4/2014
“God Bless America” Psalm 33:12
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.”
FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within 2 years. GIVE IT A TRY!
Psalm 33:12 and 2 Cor 13:5
1. Our forefathers worked hard to protect this country from the tyranny of a monarchy or of a ___________ power and control.
2. We are losing the __________ that great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and others worked so hard to establish.
3. It is fitting that “God Bless America” be chosen as a ________ song for those of us who love America and what she stands for.
4. Attorney Robert Bork said, “Only religion can accomplish for modern society, what tradition, reason, and insight observation cannot. Christianity and Judaism provide the major premises of _________ reasoning by revelation and by the accounts recorded in the ________.
5. Objective self-analysis leads to _________; self-loathing on the other hand, can lead to despair, violence, and even ___________.
6. The principle objective of _____________ is made plain in the instructions the apostle Paul gives for communion in 1 Corinthians 11:28-31.
7. Israel is considered by _______ as an oppressor of the people who desire to wipe the Jewish state off the map.
8. Isis and Hamas are two of the planet’s foremost ________ of terrorists.
9. ____________ is very hard to come by, and even more difficult to keep.
10. President Franklin Roosevelt spelled out the “Four Freedoms” to the 77th Congress on January 6, 1941. They are:
a. Freedom of _________ and Expression
b. Freedom of Every Person to _______________ God in His Own Way
c. ________________ from Want
d. Freedom from ______
11. Our forefathers were looking for a hand up, not a hand out—they had a passion to become American citizens and a ______ that they were on their way to something better.
12. The phrase “Land of Opportunity” was more than a ________, it represented real hope.
13. What we do will become the _________ we leave behind and it will not be much of a legacy unless we remember where the foundation rests.
Psalm 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.”
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
Excerpts from His Expository of the Gospels -- J. C. Ryle
The Christianity which the world requires, and the Word of God reveals, is a useful everyday religion. It is a healthy, strong, manly plant, which can live in every position, and flourish in every atmosphere except that of sin. It is a religion which a man can carry with him wherever he goes and never need leave behind him. In the army or in the navy, at the public school or at college, in the great hospital lecture room and at the bar, on the farm or in the shop, in the market or exchange, in parliament or at court, true heaven-born Christianity will live and not die. It will wear, and stand, and prosper in any climate, in winter and in summer, in heat and in cold. Such a religion meets the needs of mankind.
The glorious company of the Apostles, the noble army of martyrs, the saints who in every age and land have made their mark on mankind and turned the world upside down,--all, all have had one common mint-stamp upon them. They have been men who lived “Looking into Jesus.”
And the object we are to look at, you will observe, is a PERSON, --not a doctrine, not an abstract theological dogma, but a living Person; and that Person is Jesus the Very Son of God.
…The Ministry Trip Continues…
…On We Go, Across the Ohio River, Into Indiana… Praise the Lord, the rain let up long enough for us to get unloaded and into the center.
We Set Aside Two Days, Joining Members of The Administration, Faculty, Alumni and the Graduating Class,
Becoming A Part of the 2014 Summer Graduation at
Newburgh Theological Seminary and College of the Bible,
We Arrived in Time To Check In, Make It Up To Our Room….
Change for the Banquet, And Join With Others of the Worship Team.
At The Banquet, I take the Time to Stop and say “Hi” to Sandy East, The Seminary’s Registrar, as we make our way to our table.
Introductions of Guests, and Friends Are Made.
Seminary President, Dr. Glenn Mollette Welcoming
Friends and Honored Guests.
Dr. K. Perry (Kathy) Reading Scripture, setting the Tone and Theme of the Up Coming Challenge to the Graduates.
The Worship Team, Lead by Carole Mollette
Dressed for the Graduation procession…
The Procession Is Underway.
Kathy & Sandy
The Graduating Class of 226 Seminarians Stands,
Awaiting the Time Honored Challenge, From President Glenn, as….
Pastor Bill Receives An Endorsement in Christian Life Coaching.
Dr. Glenn Mollette Addressing the New Graduates, “TO LET THE CHURCH GO.” As Jesus Promises, Teach The Word Of Truth, “And The Gates of Hell Will Not Prevail Against It.”
…On the Road Again Heading North and West as a
Storm Front Comes in to Meet Us…More Next Week…
A Reminder!!!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a food fellowship, with Bible Study (The Truth Project)at 11:30 a.m.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R!!
A QUESTION THAT DEMANDS AN ANSWER!
“Can you be a follower of Jesus, and NOT follow Jesus? AND, If you’re NOT a follower of Christ, are you a Christian?
Come visit us and learn the truth!Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. Last week’s viewings totaled 622 on God Tube TV and 442 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,064. We pray that you were blessed by last week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view this week's message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
Continue to pray for us as we seek to serve the Lord here in Arizona.
It would be encouraging to us if you would let us know that you received our newsletter. We welcome your comments.