“THY WORD IS TRUTH”
CHURCH HISTORY OVERVIEW: PART 1
FILL IN THE BLANKS! (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within two years. GIVE IT A TRY!
“A 2000 Year Overview of Church History” Part 1
1. In Matthew 18:16 Jesus says “_____________ will build My Church”.
2. The __________ ___________ came upon the church at Pentecost.
3. Church history is the record of the Church of Jesus Christ being ______________.
4. When the church began in the early 30s it was made up entirely of ________________.
5. Non-believing ____________ led by Saul of Tarsus began to persecute the church.
6. Even after Stephen is killed the Church ___________________.
7. The Ethiopian eunuch brings ___________________ into Africa.
8. Saul of Tarsus, persecutor of the _________________, is miraculously saved by the resurrected glorified Christ and becomes the Apostle Paul.
9. God instructs ____________ to preach to the gentiles.
10. Believers are first called Christians in ______________________________.
11. During the first Church Council in Jerusalem the Scriptures are examined and it is determined that believing Gentiles can enter the Church as Gentiles; they don’t have to become _____________ first.
12. During the Apostle Paul’s second missionary trip _______________ are planted in seven key cities.
13. In 65 A.D. Nero, a _________ man, comes to power.
14. In 70 A.D. Titus destroys _____________________.
15. The _____________________ flee to Pella and are saved.
16. Under the rule of Domitian, the Apostle ______________ is placed in exile.
17. The Apostle ________ receives and writes the book of ________________________ while in exile.
18. The New Testament is written from the 40s through the mid-90s and completed with the writing of ________________________ in 96 A.D.
19. The Apostle Age ends in 100 A.D. with the death of the Apostle ______________.
20. Communion and Baptism were conducted for ________________ only in the early Church.
21. From 100 through 250 A.D. the Christians are under severe __________ persecution and many Christians die for their faith.
22. From 250 through 311 A.D. persecution is vigorous and vicious and Christians are given the ultimatum, “____________ your faith in Jesus Christ or ____________”.
23. Even though many Christians are ___________ the church ________ and ___________.
24. In 311 A.D. with the Edict of _______________ by Emperor Galerius, Christians are no longer persecuted in Rome.
25. In 313 A.D. Emperor Constantine issues the Edict of Milan and now Christians have total _________ to assemble as a Church.
26. The idea of Apostolic ______________ is advocated by some Church leaders, the idea that the Apostle’s authority is passed down to certain key Church leaders.
27. The _________________ methods of teaching and Greek philosophy cause some to reject the idea of pre-millennialism.
28. After 313 A.D. the ________ of Jesus Christ is becoming polluted with pagans as the official State Church of _____________.
29. In 324 A.D. the Church becomes the ___________ religion of Rome and Emperor Constantine declares himself a _________________.
30. In 380 A.D. Emperor Theodosius declares Christianity to be the ________ religion allowed in the empire and with that the paganization of the Church begins.
To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”, click here to view God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG.
Praise the Lord, He continues to build His Church.
THE WHOLE WORLD IS IN NEED OF JESUS
AS WE GO THROUGH THE PANAMA CANAL OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE MANY SAILORS FAR FROM HOME FROM ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD WHO NAVIGATE THE CANAL,
AS THEY COME TWO ABREAST ONE RIGHT BEHIND THE OTHER 24/7.
These books are available at online through Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com, also check at your local book store.Click on book covers for more information.
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. This week’s viewings totaled 897 on God Tube TV and 480 on Sermon TV for a total of 1,377. We pray that you were blessed by this week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view the message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
If you are one of our viewers of this week’s message we would love to hear from you.
Great News! Would you like your child or grandchild to receive an A+ Christian education, but feel you just can't afford it? Click here to learn more.
You say you don't have school aged children, but would like to help? You can, without costing you a cent. Click here, you may be an answer to someone’s prayer. http://www.acsto.org/
Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization
A Reminder!!! Come visit us and learn the truth!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a time of fellowship.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R! You’re Welcome!