YOU BE THE JUDGE
THE B-I-B-L-E THAT’S THE BOOK FOR ME
I STAND ALONE ON THE WORD OF GOD
Fill in the blanks. (Check answers below.)
NOTE! Filling in the blanks each week, could give a serious student of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible, an education equal to a Theological degree within 2 years. GIVE IT A TRY!
“Are Mormons Christians? You Be the Judge!”
Revelation 22:18-19; Hebrews 1:1-2; Galatians 1:8
1. Joseph Smith claimed to have found some golden ________ in a stone box in the side of a hill near Palmyra, New York.
2. Joseph ______ left the Palmyra, NY area because of persecution and moved to his wife’s father’s home in Harmony, PA.
3. He began to translate the plates with the aid of two _________ stones called Urim and Thummim.
4. Martin Harris, a New York farmer, to make sure everything was genuine took Smith’s _______ of letters from the plates to Professor Charles Anthon of Columbia University.
5. Smith claimed that Anthon affirmed the _________ as being genuine, but this was not true, and Anthon wrote a letter to refute Smith’s __________.
6. Anthon’s warning had no __________ on Martin Harris.
7. On March 26, 1830 the Book of Mormon was published even though Harris admitted that he had never ________ the plates.
8. Article 8 of the Mormon Articles of ____________ states that they regard the Book of Mormon as the Word of God.
9. The Book of Mormon is _____________ in the style of the King James Bible of 1611.
10. According to Mormons the ___________ Indians are descendants of Laman.
11. Besides translating the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, ___________ a number of sections of the King James Bible.
12. Joseph Smith __________ to Genesis 50 a prophesy of the coming of Joseph Smith himself.
13. A book called “Doctrine and Covenants” written by Joseph Smith is also considered as _______ by the Mormons.
14. By 1830 Smith had organized a _________ group of followers into this cult that he called The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints.
Next Week: Part 2To find the answers to “fill in the blanks”, click here to view God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
For discussion on this message leave a comment on this BLOG. perrysperiodicals.blogspot.com/2014/04/april-27.html#comment-form/
A CHRISTIAN’S LOVE!
“We Love Him Because He First Loved Us” (I John 4:19).“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.” Romans 12:3
fail to do what they’re supposed to do?
make wrong choices?
give you 10 reasons why your ideas won’t work?
find it hard to consistently do the right thing?
A question! If you were going to choose the members of your team, would you choose people who often...
I’m guessing your answers to each one of those questions would be NO! We would all likely to be looking for more ideal people.
In taking a first glance at the church in Thessalonica it seemed like an ideal church. According to 1 Thessalonians 1:3, the church was a model of “faithful work,” “loving deeds,” and “enduring hope”. But we read that the church also contained people who were lazy, timid, weak, and wearisome.
The apostle Paul told his readers, to “Warn those who are lazy.” to “Encourage those who are timid.” to “Take tender care of those who are weak.”
To be sure, some will try your patience more than others. Is God not patient with you, and, how can God’s patience with you inspire you to be patient with others?
As Believers in Jesus, it should be our desire to be His disciple, yet it was Jesus Himself who laid down three conditions for discipleship. First of all: “You must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me”. A believer in Jesus “must turn from [his/her] selfish ways” and “must deny themself” (NIV), saying no to self-will, self-centeredness, self-interest, self-sufficiency, self-dependence, self-ambition, and self-exaltation. To deny yourself is to die to self.
We know that the cross was an instrument of death. As a condemned man carrying his cross toward his execution quickly losses interest in the things of this world, and so, as we take up our cross daily, we will do likewise. To “take up your cross daily” is to die to sin and self. It’s a call to reprioritize your life.
Jesus said: “Follow me.” And yes, Jesus did tell us to obey His commands, but, lets not forget that this includes following Him and His ways. Following Jesus means becoming His disciple, learning from Him, walking closely after Him, going where He goes, doing what He says do. It means making His will your will, not creating your own path and going your own way, but putting your feet into His footprints. As you follow His footprints, they will lead you up from the world, to the cross of Calvary, and all the way into Eternity.
APRIL 26, 2014 7:00 P.M. In Coolidge at…
The Band was good, the house was full (about 550 attending), and the Price was right (FREE).
The Coolidge High School JROTC Color guard presented “The Colors” And the Air Force Band did what they do best. entertain! And entertain they did. With two standing ovations, and two encores.
AVERY NICE EVENING OUT,
WITH OTHERS FROM THE COMMUN ITY
A Reminder!!!Our Church Service starts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, followed by a food fellowship, with Bible Study (The Truth Project)at 11:30 a.m. Bible Study is repeated on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
CH_ _ CH, What’s Missing? U R!!
A QUESTION THAT DEMANDS AN ANSWER!
“Can you be a follower of Jesus, and NOT follow Jesus? AND, If you’re NOT a follower of Christ, are you a Christian?
Video files of our worship services are available on the Internet. Last week’s viewings totaled 518 on God Tube TV and 407 on Sermon TV for a total of 925. We pray that you were blessed by last week’s message and look forward to hearing from you. To view this week's message click here for God Tube TV or here for Sermon TV.
Continue to pray for us as we seek to serve the Lord here in Arizona.
It would be encouraging to us if you would let us know that you received our newsletter. We welcome your comments.